View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nightswimming

Interesting Day 3

Day 4 here.

Yesterday started with a visit to the doctor, different to my normal GP. I again outlined my concerns about my depression and that I feel numb on Citalopram and also that I was struggling with drinking and finding it hard to moderate. The drinking seemed to barely register with the doctor other than 'I think you should try and cut back for the sake of your mood'. This was the same chat as I've had previously with my GP. Have others found this? ive said I was drinking a bottle of wine a night and more at the weekend and he did not seem THAT concerned. Is this a UK thing? We have a very ingrained drinking culture here.

Last night was pretty tough and ended up going to bed about 9.30 as I was feeling pretty ill and unsettled. My mood feels better but physically feel quite rough. Stilll feel so much better than the hangover 2 bottles of wine would normally give me on a Saturday. Had a lie in and cleaned the house for my friend coming over. We were going out for dinner and drinks but she's now driving over to mine for takeaway instead.

Spoke to my OH when he got in last night about hitting rock bottom (again) and making a mistake during week that's led me to being on other meds. He was great with all of it and very supportive He said we've been here before though and after a few days normal habits come back so got to show him this time is different. I was very honest about what I need to do whereas previously I cried and blamed anything and everything else for my problems so hopefully he sees a difference.