Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Verdantia

Hey, skyline. I hope you are feeling okay this morning and that you call your doctor soon. Withdrawal is such an unpredictable thing, and I find the longer I drink each subsequent relapse becomes harder than the last--it's called kindling and is a real phenomena.
I did have utterly terrifying hallucinations during withdrawal, starting 12 hours after quitting--I thought demons were in my house, that spiders and creatures were crawling up the walls and over the ceiling--I would see bright flashing lights in the windows and I thought people were breaking in and painting all these elaborate hieroglyphs on the walls--alcoholic hallucinosis was the diagnosis. This went on for 4 days, until I could stand no more and drank to make it go away. I then limped along for another month until having a moment of clarity and going to inpatient detox. Maybe detoxing in a supervised medical setting would be best for you. I couldn't have done it any other way.
Wishing you all the best. You can get through this and things will be better, no matter how hard it seems now. You can do it.