Old 01-25-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by treeguy24 View Post
It's so very good to hear how well you're doing. Pain pills are my drug of choice, I know the battle all too well.
I just watched the evening news. There was a segment that talked about getting the opiates under control as far as being distributed by doctors and pharmacies. The FDA is in the limelight now for not getting on this problem quicker/sooner! It's always a blame game! It's a fact of; PPL do or don't get addicted to them! My Dad was an addict and alcoholic! My Mom and two sisters have never been addicts to anything. And yes they've taken pain meds and have drank alcoholic drinks. So who's to blame?

I talk a lot on here about our chickens. They are my love and my hobby! They keep me sane and squared away! They need me to stay clean so I can continue caring for them and giving them the love and attention they want and need. They also give me love back. In Oct 2005 when I chose to C/T off a high dose of pain meds? I was one miserable person. I'd stand at the living room window, looking out at the pen of Silkies looking back up at me from their pen and I'd just cry my eyes out. It broke my heart to see how they needed me to tend to them and because of my pill abuse and then going thru detox/withdrawals? I was unable to care for them. I swore I'd never do that to them again. But thanks to one surgery after another? I ended up back on the pain pills again. Only with those times I was careful to get off them quickly so I didn't end up back where I was before.

I held true to myself in the knowledge where those pills would take me. I didn't want to be there again. I didn't like that person I turned into. I know what happens if I take a pain pill and I have to stay away from them. I run thru my head when I find one of hubby's pills; What good would it do me to take this pill? I'd only feel good for a few hours and then I'd be right back where I was years ago. Feeling like shiit and wanting another one to feel good again. So why my Dear would you want to take it? Do I have a reason to take them? Yes! I do! I'm a 100% Disabled Veteran. But I have found other sources to help with my pain.