Thread: I need help
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 08:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Change4life

It would be very unfair for any of us to tell you whether or not you should be institutionalied. As far as I know none of us are professionals, and we don't know what you are using or how often. You have to look at yourself and see what has been going on in your life. Are things starting to fall apart? You already stated you might be to hungover/drunk to go to work. Is everything else going OK or are the problems just geting worse? No matter what no one can make that ultimate decision for you. Some people are able to quit on their own others, need supervision. That is some thing only you can decide. The first thing I would do if I was you would be to try some type of NA or AA meeting, they work for some people and for others they are just not the answer. Then take it from there. the main thing is to not pick up.
Try to stay sober and keep coming back here. Sobriety does not come over night, you will have day's that you will probably have days that you will fall, but you just have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again. Never give up.
Bfree