Old 01-22-2018, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JEPPY

My drinking is out of control... just off a 7 day bender, want to quit

Hello everyone,

I am new here and have never posted to a forum but I feel like I need some support to get me out of this. I am considering AA but I am nervous to go, I don't know what to expect.

I feel so alone, I am in my late 20s and people don't understand because social life revolves around drinking especial at this age. They think I can control my drinking if I really want to, go out socially and stop once I am drunk. I can't.

I just finished another 7 day bender (after almost 6 weeks of sobriety), I did many things I am not proud of, one being losing ANOTHER job and falling down a huge flight of stairs which resulted in multiple bruises and cuts. I could of snapped my neck! I lost my last job during a 6 day bender a few months ago.

Once I start I cannot stop, all logical thought is gone. I don't even think it is NOT NORMAL to be taking vodka nip shots in a parking lot at 11am. My personality completely changes when drunk.

I think because I do not fit the profile of that people think an alcoholic is from what society portrays that they don't believe me, and encourage me to drink.

I feel so alone. I know if I go down this path any longer, something horrible will happen. I have lost so much and I desperately want to stop and I try but always end up drinking thinking this will be the time I can control it.

Any advice on steps I can take to recovery or any support is much appreciated.

Thank you