View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wamama48

What do you tell your kids?

Sorry I am relentless in my questions. This is something I am determined to see through. When I am determined nothing stops me, I just go over the obstacle. Our boys think I've been sleeping in the other room for the past few weeks because AH had the flu and I didnt want to get it. Which is partly true. Hes better now, I've made my fianl decision, and now it's time to tell them. We aren't separating, or divorcing, I just demand my own space and distance. They know he's not drinking anymore, they know its been a problem between us for some time, and they know he is working on quitting. My 16 year old son has Bipolar, which has been stable for several years. Just this past week he is back to losing control daily and hurting himself, sometimes until his hands and forehead are bleeding. He refuses counseling right now, we told him the option is there any time he wants it. Our 12 year old son seems indifferent. He's just an easy going kid, nothing really bothers him except when people harm animals. So we will be sitting down to talk to them tomorrow. We never really talked about it with our now grown girls, and I feel like a horrible mom. Hindsight. What did you tell your children? What do you feel helped or didn't help?