Thread: Feelings
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jules714

Feelings

Hi all,
Celebrated 7 months yesterday. Things are going really well in life. My problems are self made. Here it is:
I met a nice man a couple of years older (he's 42, im 40) he has 4 years sober.
Things were going really well, he was clearly very interested, had me meet his children, called vs texting daily. Job, car...and I started to develop feelings. So in my brilliance, I decided it would ve best to bring everything to a screeching halt and tell him we should just be friends.
I feel as if inevitably he will just break my heart.
I made a terrible mistake and it doesn't seem as though he's willing to try again. Hes sent a couple of texts snd I missed a phone call...its possible some time/distance will help...but I feel sick over what I brought onto myself! I've apologized and owned full responsibility for acting rashly out of fear.
In hindsight I've realised that I hurt & rejected him.and likely bruised his ego.
I also now realise that im going to be alone forever if I don't get over my fear of being hurt and take zero risks.
I feel like an utter moron for doing this. I found a really good egg and totally screwed it up bc I felt something. What is wrong with me?!
This feels terrible. Any advice or similar stories?
Thanks everyone!!
Have a great day.
Jules