Old 01-21-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mishy11169

Drunk at meeting

We should never throw a drunk out of a meeting but we also should not be held hostage to their rambling. Yeah I know- most ramble and we are held hostage. Up to the chair person to follow the format.

Chair person: thank you for sharing, we can talk after the meeting. I’m glad you are here please keep coming back. Next.

QUOTE=zjw;5500695]I went to a meeting last night and a guy came in still drunk and not just drunk but pretty bombed. Of course he wanted to share his words of wisdom if it where me I probably would have been inclined too as well course I woulda never made it to a meeting so kudos to him for that!

It raised a lot of questions in my head like gee How often does this happen? How common is this? what the proper course of action? what if this guy gets a bit out of control?

The look on the faces of everyone in the room was like "OMG" one lady how ever had this total look of compassion for the guy. I thought I see it i get it you want to have compassion for this man but how when he's not in his right frame of mind.

He was talking out of turn and such and was leaving hte meeting and coming back leaving and coming back.

I guess it was just awkward. But then I get to thinking how did i make others feel when i was drunk? did they feel embaressed to be around me? awkward? who had compassion for me and who didnt?

Anyone here ever drunk at a meeting?

Just curious everyones thoughts this was a first for me. maybe its common i dont get to meetings too often so I dunno.[/QUOTE]