View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
WaterOx

9:30 on a Saturday night

never done 3 weekends in a row without drinking, nor 18 days without a drop...not for almost 10 years anyhow.
And to be honest I need this thread tonight because it's been hard the last couple days. So instead of thinking about what I miss for a change let me dig up a few things that I don't miss.

I don't miss waking up Sunday morning feeling like crap, knowing 75% of my day is going to be spent in bed. Anxious that I may have said something to someone the night before (but don't remember). Ashamed that I have nothing better to do than get drunk at a bar on a Saturday night.
I don't miss driving home wondering if there is a cop nearby. Wondering this is going to be the night I get that DUI that everyone with a problem gets eventually.
I don't miss that lonely feeling about going home from a bar, thinking "this is the last time I go here. No one here is my friend. No one here cares about you and you don't care about them"

I could go on but I figure I'll save it for the very near future. This should be enough to help me sleep tonight.