View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

I stopped drinking in May and started a modified keto in August and a strict(er) September. I did notice my cravings decrease, but it may have been a combination of Wellbutrin, time away, and the cognitive cravings management tools I learned in outpatient rehab.

Remember you get 20-50gms of carbs per day. A banana is about 20 grams. The lower, the better your ketosis.
That's no CARBS, not just no SUGAR, including any sweets (including things like ketchup), rice, bread, pasta, beans, root veggies, fruit, flour thickened sauces... You should lose a ton of weight on keto if you watch your macro ratios, keep in ketosis and keep your overall calorie consumption at a deficit. You cannot cheat very much on it if at all. A full carb meal will kick you out of ketosis for up to 3-4 days.

If you're are working out like a demon, including weight training, you can up your protein/lower fat ratio and do a small carb hit immediately before a workout and some protein powder after.

I found my energy was more level during the day, without the afternoon carb crash.