View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
entropy1964

I have in the past and yes it helps for me.

This is just my experience but sugar for me is a drug. It causes a full on dopamine rush, just like alcohol. I often hear people say "folks crave sugar when they aren't drinking because they are replacing the sugar they are no longer getting from alcohol". That didn't work for me. The alcohol I drank (vodka) has NO sugar NO carbs. Soooo I really believe I crave sugar for the same reason I crave alcohol. Dopamine. Soooo eat sugar, keep the dopamine receptors reacting to a drug, at some point this is more likely to end up with me using alcohol to get the rush. Its just another drug. So remove the drug that hijacks the dopamine receptors (sugar and alcohol) and guess what? Dopamine response will normalize (usually) over time and I won't crave either.

Problem for me with Keto is its hard to do with a plant based diet. Its possible, but hard. I do find eating more healthy fat (not my weight in bacon or Gouda cheese) does help with sugar cravings.

She says all this after polishing off the last chocolate cupcake her ex-husband made. Ok. Work in progress. Haha.