Old 01-19-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jewelstar

I’m trying to take my life back from my RAH

I hate that I’ve become a fixture on here because of all my personal drama but talking about it helps so much.

My RAH of 18 yrs is at our house as we speak with a moving company to relocate to an apt. He cheated while drunk, I took him back, he’s 48 days sober and working AA but his mood swings and our fighting caused him to tell me he wants to separate. He told me he had to focus 100% on his recovery which was difficult and frustrating to me considering all the damage he did in our marriage.

I have made some poor financial decisions and he is using that as his reason to leave saying we are toxic for each other. I want the separation and know I have a lot of work to do with my codependance issues. What I asked him today via text because he doesn’t want to talk to me, is if this is just a break for us both to get healthy and if he’s going to stay faithful to me. He flat out said he can’t give those answers right now.

That was the line in the sand for me. I am being nice, not yelling, no drama. I told him that I am going to have to accept reality. I spoke With a lawyer today and know what I have to do to get my affairs in order.

The question I have is, if he’s actually following the program, why would he be open to another relationship? I think he may have something he’s hiding again. Or maybe I’m just being paranoid. Is this normal for early recovery?