View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
hopeful4

aliciagr....I think what you have said is spot on. I was actually pretty shocked when she suggested perhaps this is my addiction. However, once we started discussing, I can see it, clear as day.

The next steps are to dive into the things I am suppressing of course. Always fun. So much of my therapy has focused on my children, on my X husband, and the fallout of what was going on. I can see that some of my issues go back to childhood, but those are things I have never dealt with properly.

I am in a fairly good head space most times. However, we all have those other times, and those are the ones I need to work out. My parent has alzheimers, and it's progressing along. It's hard to watch, and something that scares me and affects me greatly as well. I am not the care taker (although I will have to help much more in the future) as it's managed pretty well for now. It's sad and tries your patience to say the least.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and input as always. Dandy....to be clear, I don't try to control those around me as friends, or even close friends. Even my children would say I don't try to control their lives. Just this freaky cleaning thing LOL. I hope that makes me an acceptable friend for you LOL!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, warm, and clean (ha) day!