Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Sometimes, simply not drinking is enough.

Lately, it occurs to me what a monumental thing I've done by quitting drinking. You know how many abusive drinkers there are out there that wish they could quit, but haven't? Its uncountable. I see it every day in the crowds we've known over the past 20 years. It's a courageous, difficult and life changing process. So many people just choose not to do it.

There will be days you are full of energy and ambition, and there will be days that are slow. You've earned those slow days. Maybe on some of those days, the most important thing you can do is avoid drinking, and simply nothing else matters.

Cast those worries, those doubts, those cravings, those unhelpful thoughts aside. Reflect on what you've done.

You've quit drinking. Its not just a big hurdle, it's a heroic one. Not only have you saved yourself, you have saved all the people that love you and all the people you will come across in the future, because your energy has changed, and what you give out to the world is on an elevated plane.

So while we need to move forward and not gain 100 pounds or quit our jobs or sit around too much or binge watch 1000 episodes of something, if you are having a sad day, or a tired day: please just reflect on this in those moments you have to yourself.

Blessings to all of you. I know personally now what you have done, and what you continue to do for yourselves and the world around you.