View Single Post
Old 03-22-2003, 11:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
lavendae

New

Off and on, I have browsed this site, but never been brave enough to post anything. I know I suffer from PTSD, have for most of my life (I'm 22), and am in a position where I think i want to do something about it, but am so scared.
My boyfriend and therapist have both suggested that it might help if i realize i'm not the only one, and if i can find a support group that i can identify with.
I am a member of CA and AA, don't go to meetings as often as I should, though. Beacuse of my sobreity experience, I know groups help, but i have been unwilling to bring this up in any meeting so far.
Last summer I went to 2 domestic abuse survivors meetings, but left. I had yelled at them, probably beacuse i was scared and didn't know what to do. I then wound up at my boyfriend's apt. and almost drank his scotch. Obviuosly, I can't deal with this myself. I would appreciate some encouragement, if anyone out there can give any to me.
I've always hated online forums, etc. b/c I had a (now Ex-) boyfriend whom was a computer addict (I say this beacuse he exemplified addict behavior, only mine was with cocaine, his with EverQuest and other computer games), and I still attribute the computer and certain games to the pain I felt at losing him.
However, I'm too afraid to deal with these issues in person as of yet, so I figured this might be a good place to start (and overcome my irrational hate.)