Old 01-13-2018, 05:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
entropy1964

I don't think the question is how I felt, but how are you going to cope with situations that you aren't ready for?

I try to focus on myself. Its hard not to make comparisons to others. The concept of the 'should'....I should be feeling....I should be able to handle....I should be doing this or that. Should is just one of those words. Why does it even exist? To make me feel less than? haha. I wonder some times. Of course, I chose to feel less than and shouldn't. Oops. You see what I mean?

So there just is. Where you are, what you're feeling. So only you can decide what you need to do to stay sober. I stay away from events where there is alcohol....which is easy for me as I am rarely involved in many 'event's' these days. But I make a plan for sure when I can't avoid it. And if I feel like its a set up for failure, I don't go. I have a whole pile of nieces and nephews that are all going to be reaching that marriage age over the next few years. Let the weddings begin. So a plan and a strong commitment to recovery are step one.