View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
julietUK

Day 10 and struggling

Hi. I read posts all the time but don't post much myself; apart from the 24 commitment every morning.
I am having a bad day. I can sobered up many times in the past but sadly always relapsed after months, or sometimes years. I usually feel great by day 10, on top of the world, but this time I have given up so much to be sober.
I have had to leave my marriage, only thing we had in common was drinking. He was a wealthy successful business man and we travelled a lot with his work. As well as lots of holidays. He is going away today and texted me from the airport. Its freezing here and I don't know what the future holds, my AV is giving me grief, I could be with him, first class travel, all the booze I want, 5 star hotels, all the booze I want. Even now all I have to do is phone him and say I want to go somewhere - anywhere, and we would go.
But I was so unhappy. He was controlling and wanted me to drink. I went to collect the dog two days ago, first thing he did was say he had a case of wine for me. I didn't succumb.
I know but it must be hard for people who have money as well as drink problems. But for me the only way to stay wealthy was to stay drunk. Its hard to walk away from it all. And I have no idea where I go from here.
Sorry to go on, just feeling down and blue.