Old 01-13-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
August252015

I was very- VERY- sick when I quit drinking so at a month I recall a beginning of feeling better. 100 days was a noticeable and memorable (from here, at two years next month) point of forward movement for me.

Just my experience - I kept a very tight circle and had begun a diligent AA program that continues today and will for my lifetime in recovery. I have built a calm, happy, secure, full world gradually. I learned tools to deal with life, and keep working on using them. Things like weddings and parties - I didn't feel scared but I simply did not go to this stuff for a long time - as in, my first party at 14 mo, wedding at 17, and such. All these experiences and choices have been- will be- based on my program.

You can indeed go to and through anything sober, if you choose to - I chose not to put myself in any situation that threatened my emotional sobriety early on, and still. My program is the key to this way of living.

Taking risks with my sobriety - and what constitutes a risk has certainly changed- was off the table from the start.

Best to you.