View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
amyrose

Boring again - and proud of it!

I'm here on Day 5, again. Coming up with a new plan, reading all the literature and loving the posts here! Still working my way to go to AA, but believe it will be in my future.

None of my friends or family believe / accept I have a problem, even when they see me having my 4th or 5th glass of wine (and they are silly to believe I don't keep going after I get back home). I am candid that I am an active alcoholic when asked. This isn't a secret; it's sad, but not a secret.

Yet the first thing I was told this week was - "oh, boring amyrose is back". It's always the same even if I take a week off just to give my liver a break. It's not the first time or the only person who says that I am "fun" with booze, and not without. So I brood, and get anxious, and feel lonely that no one wants to hang out with me. Example - same "friend" would be banging down my door on any other Friday night, except now I'm on the do no call list.

Ok so now the big girl pants - boring won't give me diabetes. Boring won't give me liver failure. Boring will create more happiness, better relationships and overall contentment in my life. Boring will help my life last a hell of a lot longer than being "fun", which is all just crap from people who don't want to examine their own drinking issues.

Thank you. Rant over. Just had to get that out - boring my ass!!