Old 01-10-2018, 02:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Amii

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Welcome Amii to SR,

I don't think what you're describing is abnormal. I do think it's unhealthy to think and feel this way. I hope you find a Co-dependency program that can help you such as Al-anon.

Your fiancé has taken steps to improve his life which will enhance your life as a couple. If you have insecurities about him becoming well, then you need to reevaluate the relationship or work on your fears with a program.

Good luck
I dont have insecurities about his recovery. Im just afraid that when he is out of rehab he decides to break up with me.
I read somewhere that once people are out of rehab they have a hard time coping and often relapse when they face people/places that remind them of their addiction or they just avoid those people/places.
Im afraid that i may have contributed to his addiction. I mean-when i asked him why did he turn to drugs-he said it used to numb his feelings. He was having a hard time coping with his very strict mom. And now that i think of it we used to argue a lot around that period too. That is why im afraid i may have contributed to his addiction. And if i did-he will want to avoid me once he is back and well..
I dunno its all mixed up in my head. I did speak to him about my fears and he said i just have to trust him.
I think i have to work on my fears as you said.