View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

It's a pretty serious thing that you've done Volshen, so it's natural to feel apprehensive about the consequences. There will be ways to arrange for transportation to and from your job, even if you do lose your license - you may want to talk to an attorney too as you will likely need legal advice when you go to court.

The much bigger problem than all of that of course is your drinking. Pretty much all the problems you have today are fixable and will eventually go away, but not if you keep drinking. Looking back at the other threads you've started here you have really lost a lot of things due to your drinking - this recent incident is really just more of the same. And if you just use the consequences of this incident as your motivator to quit, it likely won't last long.

You are not the first to be in this situation, many of us here were at one point - me included. I used every excuse in the book to keep drinking after the dust settled from each of my "episodes".

There is a way out - but you have to make an unquestionable committment to be sober - and make it the main focus of your life. We can help - but you have to take the first step.