Old 01-08-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Akc

Originally Posted by caprimonk279 View Post
Thank you for this post Akc, I do feel the same or similar... my one year date was Dec 26th, I did want to drink tho. The holidays stress me out. I don't want to go to family get-togethers and watch everyone drink...or go out to dinner and watch everyone order booze while I get water. I feel like an outsider and don't want to be there. I just want to go home.
My SO still drinks daily. Her brother came over for christmas and they drank red wine until their lips and teeth were black. I thought well I guess I know what I looked like now... After her family left she poured herself another glass of wine and promptly passed out. Nighty-night!
It seems like the whole world revolves around booze, when we go on vacation it's all booze. My twitter feed is all booze ads... maybe it is just my obsession with drink...
I too have anxiety about meetings and am doing it on my own... I guess I will have to try what andyh said and put myself out there and do something meaningful, volunteering...thank you andy for your reply.
Please let me know how you make out Akc, I would like to know how you deal with this
Wow u are my mirror image in life... all I can say is firstly thank you so much for responding to me, reading this helps as I can’t tell you how much I relate, I thought the same as you that I was over sensitive maybe to adverts about alcohol? Instagram pics of people posting not a photo of themselves but a drink/cocktail but actually I think we are right! People can’t socially have fun or interact without booze! Before drink became a huge problem I was one of those people so I know! I just feel gutted that just sometimes people who I love can’t be on the same page as me and show a bit of solidarity.. now I’m going to sound bitter but what the hell! My drinking nearly killed me and I lost friends and the battle to get sober was so very very hard it’s still very vivid in my memory but seems to be very quickly forgettable for everyone else when it come to them drinking? So I sit back and spectate .. I have turned my life around and i can’t go back ever! I just wish more people were on board with me for this new journey