View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Puca

Hi Bignasty

I don't normally post. but today for some reason i would like to.

I am on day 81 and your post sounds similar to my recovery over the last 3 years. I had 25 months sober then in the last year i had 3 months then slip then 3 months then slip and now im conscious i slipped at 84 days the last time around. When i say slipped i slipped but somewhere in me i made the decision to drink again. Today i feel that this time around i am worried it's going to happen soon.

What i did after i drank was to reconnect with what worked in the very beginning, i wrote out lots of the reasons what alcohol did for me. the negatives where endless and the positives where really negatives in disguise. i logged in here today to try and remind myself how easy it is on a low day to start thinking alcohol is the answer.

9 months is a seriously long time and you should try to reconnect with what you were doing each day to stay sober.

Time is passing for us all, and alcohol just makes it more difficult in the end.

I wish you the best of luck with how you go about staying sober.
take care. start small. and remember to stay focused with today, yesterday is gone and tomorrow doesn't exist.