View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 06:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Phinneas

Decisions, Decisions...

You know the high stress consulting job I talked about in an earlier post? Well, you are not going to believe this! I decided to give my notice on Monday. At 6 o'clock on the Friday before (yesterday), I get offered what amounts to a very big promotion - a cherry picked job with a whole lot of potential. It's not confirmed and won't be for a week or two. But, NOW WHAT? I mean, this could be a really, really big deal for my career.

On the other hand, it could be a ploy by this manager to keep me and the other consultants. He received a complaint about the work hours and stress from a different person on the team. In the meeting tonight he asked to get together with the two of us contractors who were there to discuss the work loads and stress and managing that with personal lives. This is either a ploy, like I said, or it could be sincere. I don't trust this guy, but I will say that if I do get this new position, I would be working with his higher-ups, not him as much.

Do I stay the course of walking away from this job now? Do I give it a week or two and see how it turns out? Do I resign myself to being assimilated by MS?

I dunno, folks. Just when I caught a glimpse of the right path, the universe throws a curve ball.

What do you guys think?

--phinny