View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
julietUK

Is it okay to hide for a few more days?

I am on day 3 and the physical withdrawal has almost gone. I am just so down and don't want to leave the house. I live in a beautiful area in the country by the river but I daren't leave the house. My drinking has been done alone in the house for many years now. I have stopped drinking inthe past - many time, but always relapse, so I know from experience that I will want to do things soon, I always have a full life when I'm not drinking. But these first few days are awful. I can see - from a sober point of view, how sad and empty my life has become. I have anxiety about leaving the house, then I read all the posts that say get out in the fresh air, then I beat myself up for not leaving the house, then I get more down and more anxious. sorry I am really going on here. Just crying and beating myself up for the mistakes I've made.
I know I need to go to AA but I don't want to drive to meetings, another area of anxiety. I am reading posts all the time but people say I should post too. Thank you for being there.