View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Zebra1275

one night turns to 4, then hangovers and withdrawls are worse than ever.

I don't feel like I ever drank a ton, but I guess the regularity of it got my body hooked

I've been where you are.

To cope with the hangovers and withdrawal symptoms that made mornings very uncomfortable, I came up with the bright idea of having a couple of beers with my Egg McMuffin (or other greasy breakfast). As you can probably guess, that didn't work out so well.

And yes alcoholism is progressive, and you body is probably physically addicted. As you continue to age, if you keep drinking, this is never going to get better, only worse.

However the good news is, if you stop drinking, your body's ability to heal from all of the alcohol abuse is pretty remarkable.

However, if you drink again, even after a period of long abstinence, your body will go right back to where you are when you drink now. The is called Kindling. Kindling due to alcohol withdrawal refers to a neurological condition which results from repeated withdrawal episodes from alcohol. Each withdrawal leads to more severe withdrawal symptoms than the previous withdrawal syndrome.