View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

Thanks Dandy. Someone unexpected reached out to me this evening and we chatted for 3 hours on the phone. She hasn't got an autistic child but she understands my situation cos a lot of my feeling used was done to her by the same people and I feel a lot better now. I am seeing her this weekend. I don't know anyone with autistic children/adults except the person I mentioned above and she has him in a school and he's much younger than my adult son. My main problem is I've lived here 3 years and I hardly know anyone. A week on Monday I am going to a group set up for single ladies from our church and am hoping that will spark a bit of a social life eventually.

My autistic son has expressed a wish to go and live with his siblings in another town. He misses them. They all live together in a shared house and a room will be coming spare when one of his sisters, who has finished her MA, moves out to another city to work. It's an option once my daughter, who suggested this a while back, finishes university in May but it will need careful planning and maybe a trial run to make sure they can cope with him. I think between the 3 of them it will be easier than me on my own and I could still have him here if they wanted to go away etc. So I'll see. I might get to date the farmer yet lol