View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 03:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Babescake

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
SyndromeScared.....I think you are overthinking it, a bit....it sounds like typical drunk behavior, to me.....

The alcohol is an assault on the nervous system, for anyone....it changes the chemistry in the brain....

While you are here...I am giving you the following link to our extensive library on alcoholism and the effects on the loved ones...I hope you will take the time to read through them....
Knowledge is power...

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...c-reading.html
Based on those posts what is the point in rehab? Nobody wants to be this way. I don't expect sympathy as I got railed on the last time I posted here. But seeing this is a RECOVERY website, why the continued putdown? Just the fact an addict/alcoholic WANTS to get help should be celebrated. Not roll your eyes and live your lives. Especially if you have kids. Genetics is a huge factor, and I ask my husband about it. "We'll deal with it if it occurs." He doesn't think our very sensitive and emotionally immature son (believe me I know), needs therapy while I go to rehab or that he needs to learn about alcoholism. Ban me from his life is the cure. He's a tough boy, he'll get through it. BS.

As the one going through the diseases, I think it is VITAL to have a partner on board that recognizes behaviors. My partner believes alcoholism is a choice and doesn't support my recovery in any kind. I've mentioned therapy for my son and he says no. He also refuses therapy for himself. In the past, while suicidal before kids, I was called out for "crying for attention" and he has been very against my depression. Doesn't get it. "Just deal with it."

Nobody can change the path I've taken. I have to deal with my depression, rape, alcoholism all on my own. But it DOES make a difference when you have support. And, as a woman, never getting that has ruined my self-esteem. No or whatever, but it is pretty common. And if nobody thinks that isn't a contributor to addiction or plays a part, then you're wrong.