View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Willitend

Originally Posted by OpheliaKatz View Post
Willitend, yes it will. If you want it too. Then you will go through the following emotions: anger, maybe some denial or bargaining, and the deep sadness that comes with acceptance, but you will find your smile again.

Welcome to SR. This place was a life line for me. I'm glad you are posting because I keep learning about my situation by reading other people's posts, and I also check my "no contact" that way. Thank you for your story.

Your post reminds me of my situation with my addict ex: long history together, him secretly using drugs, me openly tolerating his drug use, him continuing to lie about the extent of his drug use, and so many other things (even after I told him that I was going to be understanding and he didn't have to lie)... inheritance spent, possible infidelity (him, not me).... . It culminated in total job loss, home loss, financial ruin, and eventually violence (because I insisted he get help, because the drug was killing him, literally). I was blamed for everything... the people closest to him get blamed for everything, usually.

It had to end. He had no where to go. He refused to find anywhere to go. He became homeless... because he REFUSED to go to anyone else. He's got his own place now. If I were you, I would worry less about his decisions because addicts tend to be resilient (need to stay alive to keep using). If anything happens to him, it will be due to his drug use -- the drugs will kill him before anything else, I think (risk of overdose). No matter what happens: you didn't cause it, you can't control it, you can't change it, and don't let it consume you.

Stay strong! You will get through this. Please keep posting.
Thank you for replying...

Our situations do sound similar! I have tried the understanding tact. Encouraging honesty I never got. It just got worse. The lies more outrageous! I can’t win.

How did it end for you? What happened?