View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
uncle holmes

Originally Posted by JJanew2017 View Post
I have been reading the forums for years- amazing forum-I have a long family history. Finally gave up drinking for good back in june of this year. Instead of getting support from people at work the opposite happened. I had people saying I was different etc and acting weird. Most didnt but enough did that I was really surprised. Anyone else experience that?
Yep! I experienced that with some people at work! As a matter of fact, after I told one guy about my recovery, he totally disrespected me and said he would still like to go out and drink with me and made a joke about it!

Yes, life and people can be cruel! Alcoholism also shows no mercy unless we stop drinking for good and change our ways! The BB mentions we are beyond human aid and that we must get the strength to stay sober from a higher power!

What I had to do is have a firm resolve on staying sober and that I must do this for myself and no one else if I'm going to remain sober! Screw the people at work if they don't support you and use that for extra motivation to stay sober!