Old 12-28-2017, 05:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Talkinandwalkin

I remember the closest I ever got was during a business trip. I was somewhere around a year or so sober. I was at LAX to catch a flight and had made it through security and been transferred to my concourse. After I got to the concourse the airlines computer system went down so no flights could leave. The concourse was basically for one airline and the airline kept dropping more and more people into concourse even though no flights were leaving. The place became unbearable with no seats and no place to walk. Thats when the air-condition went out and the restaurants closed as it was late at night. My cell phone and lap top were out of batteries with no place to charge them. I had been up since that morning at 6 am to catch a flight to LA for my business meeting. It was now around midnight or so and the only place open was a bar. All the people were singing and laughing and I thought for just a second that one may not hurt. Then I thought this was my Rubicon and if I didnt drink now I got it in the bag. I DIDNT DRINK! I will always remember that night.