View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Fail at something I've never done before at least once a month.

By this I am defining failure as not reaching my expectations for results. I read recently that if you succeed at everything you do you aren't taking enough risks, and I've decided to take that on for action. I am very excited about it. I learn so much more when I fail than when I succeed.

So, hold my cranberry and diet ginger ale, and watch this...
I'm all about getting out of my comfort zone this year.

Drinking did a huge amount to keep me in it. And miserable in many areas of my life as a result.

I've done the quit drinking/quit smoking/lose weight/exercise thing.

#1 is to maintain all of that. It's all related. Adding journaling and more meditation to my life to help stay that way, living in the moment. Depression is shame and guilt about the past, anxiety is shame and guilt about the future.

#2 is to return to work and reintegrate those stressors into my life and manage #1 above.

#3 is new things. First on the list is becoming a motorcycle rider, I have a lesson in 2 hours and taking the class to get licensed the second week of January. It's kinda replacing one addiction with another, but one is external chemically based and the other internal chemically based (adrenaline!).