Old 12-27-2017, 07:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Babescake

Originally Posted by LanaBoBana View Post
Thank you! I always told myself, once he laid his hands on me, I'm out. And it started about a year ago and I've been struggling to leave ever since. First it started with a drunken shove and a hole in our bathroom door...months later I was being choke slammed on the ground for teasing him about his singing! *sigh* So your support has helped immensely. Of course, my family has had my back this whole time but to hear it from those who have been through it or can relate, it really helps! So again, thank you so much!
As a female/mom struggling with alcoholism this makes me really sad. Not for me, but for the disease. You need to leave. It's crappy enough being in an alcoholic home (I know, because I'm putting my innocent child through this and I HATE IT), but beyond mental/emotional abuse (which I have dealt with), physical abuse is beyond the line. What you have mentioned is very frightful and I honestly would seek out a women's shelter or your family as you mentioned.

I was raped at 18. Kept it to myself. Thought could overcome it on my own. Therapists later, etc, etc, it still gets to me, even at 37.. The sexual abuse AND the physical abuse. The lack of control. It is crushing. I get it. Please ensure your safety and that of your kids. It probably seems unworthy from an alcoholic, but I'm still a woman, mom, and human. And I am what you are. We are together.