View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tiredwoman

Work and alcohol

Sorry for clogging the newcomers thread with posts, guys! But I honestly couldn’t have gone 3 days sober without you guys. Helping me a lot and I have yet another query.

I work as a waitress part-time at a restaurant. The staff there is mostly young, and there is a culture of drinking, partying and drug abuse. The chef comes to work high on cocaine. Right now I’m home for the holidays but will be going back in the early days of January.

When I was taking my leave for a couple of weeks, I was drinking an entire bottle of wine almost nightly. Sometimes, after we locked up, we’d pillage the bar and get hammered. I don’t really have friends at that restaurant – more acquaintances; drinking friends, basically. You wouldn’t see us hanging out when sober, but we often meet to drink.

I’m on Day 3 of my sobriety. Early days yeah but I am feeling optimistic. I want to stay like this. However, I am dreading going back to work because I will be back in an environment that cherishes the very poison I am trying to boot.

No way I can leave this job. I’m a broke a$$ student. But I also need to sober up. Would appreciate advice on how to dodge the temptations when I am back at work.