View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Great work on your sobriety. 34 days is really an accomplishment and you should be proud.

When did it get better? I am 9 months sober this time around. It got better for me after a few months of restructuring my time. My drinking was over the top, in my opinion. As soon as I walked away from the alcohol and let my head space gain more clarity I did start to feel better physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally.
All those facets are extremely important to me.

When removing alcohol or any habit, addiction, what have you.... I think it is important to replace that removal with something that is healthy. Because I have always been a runner, I started to run daily as alcohol did not get in the way of my energy levels and health any longer. I focus on running and gaining physical strength. This keeps my mood level and in check.

It is true that it gets better but if we think about drinking and that we want to drink it could be torture. I dont want to drink. I dont want a glass of wine. Its a pros and cons for me. I know that the "wanting" leads to more thoughts of that action and Its not an option. So, if the thought of drinking comes in to play I have to look at the reason why I am thinking in those terms. Mainly, I get overwhelmed emotionally and this could lead to wanting to escape. I now see the "overwhelmed state" through and know that it will pass soon enough. A rewiring of my brain, if you will.

Keep moving forward!