View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
gleefan

Hi everyone,

I would be in full holiday madness mode if my schedule allowed it, but I’m pretty busy right now.

I’m in full work madness mode. We are extremely busy and bracing for an even busier January. And of course there’s hockey madness. Gilmer to answer your question earlier, two of the three kids are doing better, but that’s relative. I’m all tied up in knots about it. I recognize I shouldn’t be, but I am. I want to keep myself accountable.

I’m hosting family on Christmas Eve, which I enjoy very much. I’ve had years where I’ve had tons of time to plan and years where I’ve done it all last minute. This is turning out to be one of those “last minute” kind of years. I haven’t sent cards or finished shopping, and nothing is wrapped.

One of my friends offered to help wrap - but at her house, and lugging everything there would be a challenge. The offer is very kind, though, and I’m lucky to have friends who care. That loving offer alone is enough to make me change my perspective from “everything is hard” to “we are all interconnected.” All I really need is right under my nose but my alcoholic brain doesn’t always find it easy to see that.

Gilmer - I’m glad your son is making progress with his migraine diagnosis.

Fbl - Thinking of you as you work through your grief and memories of your father. Also, glad that you’re ok and your car isn’t too heavily damaged by the crash.

Jeni - Enjoy the time off.

Courage - I’m hoping the holiday celebrations leave you feeling less fetal position/more fun.

Carlos - I hope Santa brings you one of those state quarter maps so you can keep track of all the states you’ve dated.