Old 12-17-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
doublecheck

7 years ago today I stopped and my mindset was totally different

7 years ago Today I stopped drinking. The contrast of my life could not be any different from 7 years ago. Each Sunday use to be a day of drinking and watching football in my one bedroom apartment. Today, I am in my house taking care of my 2 year daughter who is sick. I would have never been able to do that back then.

What I find amazing is the way I use to think my drinking was a way of life. I thought any time off you were suppose to drink and get drunk. It’s was a reward to sit back and have a 6 pack or more. It was a reason to blow off some steam when I had a bad day. I was able to reason with myself that blacking out was just bc I had one to many and I could control it. Whatever anyone said or whatever I read I thought it was all bs. I believed what I was doing was normal. No one could change my mind bc I truly believed it.

Now 7 years later what I believe is completely different. It def did not happen overnight and I still have issues. But what has changed the most is my mindset. What kinda annoys me for about a good 10 years I accomplished very little I could have done so much more.

So for those who are struggling please don’t give up on your journey today. It will get better each and every day. And the way you think about drinking will eventually change.

I am glad I stopped drinking 7 years ago!!! Who knows if I will ever drink again just not today...