View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
MesaMan

One of my standard lines is:

You can't lust after that which you don't want

I don't fight or guard against or have to repel picking up because I'm done. If someone somewhere finds that a difficult notion to accept and deploy - well - that's their Gig that they're projecting onto me. It ain't my Gig. For one thing, I can't see the point of Mentally setting myself up for periodic [inevitable?] failure. Let's face it, a good bit of successful Lifetime Sobriety is mastering The Mental Game. As an Olympic Athlete might do in their pursuits. I occasionally replay some of the usual, wicked physical symptoms because they spontaneously pop into my Head. I'll spare all here the details.

My take is that any of us can recall the logical reasons for not Drinking. Beyond that, forever severing desire is a fabulous Firestop against it being the Holidays. Or, being at a Wedding Reception. Or, having limited my final 24/7 Drinking to only those Days that end in 'y'.

As a Female Boss used to joke, when referring to situations she'd had her fill of: 'Stick a Fork in my [Behind]. I'm done'! Indeed, I am...