Old 12-16-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mango blast

When I first started posting these things... exploring them... finding my voice... speaking my TRUTH about abuse and trauma as I've become aware of it... I had severe reactions... physical, mental, emotional. They felt debilitating. Yet I had learned first hand from a physical brain injury and a wonderful medical team that:

1. Healing is possible. The brain CAN regenerate and create new neuro-pathways in miraculous ways... this happens all the time in many people, again and again.

2. The heart and the gut have more neurons than the brain. Through therapy I learned to trust my Inner Knowing, my body, my heart. I learned ways to be in the moment by Mindfulness and being aware of all my senses.

The most amazing thing about these posts today is immediate reactions of fear and feeling guilt... of feeling ill... aren't here.

In this, I am CELEBRATING another milestone in my recovery.

I am listening to music at a favorite coffee shop while traveling, surrounded by happy, energetic, peaceful people. These kind of things help and I'm seeing progress in that I'm automatically turning towards healthy behaviors.

The process hasn't been easy. It is SO very much worth it!!!!