View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
BOOM! Sorry about your tree, Arbor. We have a fake one.

Mark, I hope things go well with your son. IOP is essential, I'm glad he's doing it. Will he be attending AA/LifeRing meetings? My program required it, and despite my mixed feelings, it really helped if for no other reason than to occupy my time when I wasn't in the treatment facility. Full immersion in recovery stuff, three months of total saturation, was what did it for me I think. I really hope treatment will help him.

No snow here. A NorCal white Christmas is a thin layer of frost. Which, of course, to us is unthinkably cold. We're like 40 degrees? This cannot be earth!

Suze, you should come hang out here for the winter

Things are going well here. I just keep moving, putting one foot in front of the other, taking it one thing at a time. Work is good, family is good, house is warm. I've got a touch of a chest cold, but nothing major.

Still working with that therapist, and still like her. I'm getting familiar with her approach and where she's going with it. She really challenges me sometimes, which is exactly what I want, really digging in deep to break the old patterns that screw me up every time. I feel like I'm making more progress with her than I have with prior therapists. She really emphasizes self-compassion and learning how to stop being such a jerk to myself.

And I feel totally secure in my recovery. I have absolutely no desire to drink. None. What a great feeling!

Love to all!
So happy to hear that things are going well with your therapist, Briar. That is fantastic news.