View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Mark1014

We only just had this conversation Wednesday night, so still I'm processing things. I'm glad my wife was present for it too, but I guess I've some reasoning to trudge on.

If not a complete turning point, maybe a seed will be planted? A lot of education to work with as Briar said.

I'm not the only parent with an opinion and the truth is my marriage is absolutely feeling the stress of it all. My wife not being an addict, she processes things quite differently than I do. Through this process though I think we are coming closer to being on the same page where he is concerned.

My girls are watching me and I want them to see that I will do all I can for their brother (short of enabling).....realizing that he will have to grab the opportunity for the time I'm willing/able to offer. A time for his personal accountability is certainly looming.

And I guess, too, for my own peace of mind (such as it is) in the event that he relapses I will be able to look him, my wife, my girls and my own reflection in the eye and say in all honesty that I did all I could do within my means. He will own it.

We have ordered drug test kits for accountability. Any hint of using and maybe randomly as well we are gonna test. Any confirmed using results in expulsion from this house (my wife even told him that) as we won't stand for the girls to deal with it.

Once he's invested in the IOP we will have to address a job (for which he'll need his car) so not quite ready for that. But he's gonna have to face some financial reparation. Car is ready and waiting at a relative's place in Dallas.

Barring relapse, I'm guessing the next big reevaluation will be upon completion of IOP. I'm rambling a bit, but it's about the best I can do sometimes. Takes a lot to keep my focus for work.

Anyway, as always I appreciate y'all and the chance to share a bit .