View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Mark1014

I agree Suze, Briar's post gave me a grin. . And how dare Jack Frost meddle with one's morning schedule.

Yes, he's to supplement the IOP with AA style meetings. He's been doing a few of those already. A disappointment was a couple nights ago when he reveals that he has never intended to stop drinking/smoking(pot), only to shake the Xanax component. I told him that if he can't give up the prior for a three month period it's indicative of a wider substance abuse problem. He just stares with a set jaw. Then I find angry exasperation welling up in me because of the tremendous resources invested and emotional toll this has/is taking. Anyway, I'm just gonna have to trust that the therapists are on to this type thing or possibly request a private or maybe group conversation. So yes there's hope, but with a generous cloud overhead too. Afraid of more disappointment because I've got nothing left to offer. And we all know it's ultimately up to him anyway.

You're absolutely right too Briar about idle time.....it is a BAD thing for him.

For now though, a late gym session. I've been in quite the funk this week and have not been. A BAD thing for my own stability. So off I go......