View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
scarly

[QUOTE=Strugglingtoget;6706868]Scarly: Thank you for your truth and post. One of the most helpful posts ever for me!! Sorry that you're gone through so much pain!! But maybe your story can save my life![/QUOTE

Oh ...please dont read pain into it NOW. Right now,...I feel great. I didnt drink myself to death even though I was on track to. I ran out of money during ...say...around the last 4 months or so of my drinking before I finally went back to rehab. Now...Im going to divulge something. Not to get attention or praise....just to give you an idea of what happened to me. I was an artist for Marvel Comics/Marvel Studios. I drew "The Invincible Ironman" comic book for 5 years. I was the pencil artist. I was the one who drew all the action panels on each page you see in an average comic book. They would send me the story and treatments and I would draw what I read was going on in each panel. Im telling you this to illustrate a story. I was being paid around $18,000 every two weeks. Thats alot of money. I blew it all on stupid toys....cars.... and most of all....booze. So...yes...4 months before rehab...I had nothing. Nothing. living (well, ...existing) in a cheap motel....that my Mother had to pay for without a pot to p*ss in. Barely any food. I had no money for booze but I realized how easy it was to steal from a local drug store in my area. I started stealing big bottles of mouthwash. Listerine or whatever brand was there. I was drinking mouthwash. It stopped the shaking and warded off seizures...but the trade off was UnGodly diarrhea.... gut-rot....bloating....nausea....and even temporary blindness at one point. So...uh..yeah. PLEASE dont let it get that bad. Im now living in a 3/4 house having got out of rehab in October. Im not even 2 months sober but I feel so good. Not just physically....I feel good about ME. About who I am. Im proud of me. You should be proud of YOU. .....