View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

Originally Posted by sylvie83 View Post
100%

I left my creative career in my 20s because I doubted myself badly, struggled to show myself and was given pretty heavy advice against the arts...LOADS of anxiety and controlling from my dad...and have JUST gone back to it after many many years...

I started back partly as a result of my crisis when my ex left for the first time. As I started working on me...it become the obvious way to go. My other career never brought the stability I was seeking and was definitely stuck.

Interesting....tell us more
Very cool! Glad I'm not alone here. My current career has stability, but not much more than that, although I do enjoy it...I need more. This new urge is bubbling up as if I literally was bottling it inside. I even have an idea of a theme for this project...based on passion and inner beauty and the human form. This will really test my follow through which hasn't been a strong point of my life- I have grand ideas and lack the ability to see a project through to completion. But if I reverse engineer it back from my end goal this could be very fulfilling for me. I see it as a mixed media - photography/painting gallery. It's like imagining a grand party or wedding and then filling in how to get there. I think I just need to start.

Many nights I lay in bed and aimlessly peruse the internet or watch true crime when I had whole heartedly planned on using my insomnia for art progress...I need to discipline myself a bit more. This is great. I am glad I posted this.

What about your projects Sylvie? I can see how the crisis of your situation could spark this in you!