View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thousandwords53

Kind of off (my normal) topic

Something has been on my mind a LOT lately....art. I used to dive into drawing, painting, photography etc but years past have really put that on the back burner. I had lost so much brain power focusing on the A in my life that I couldn't even bring myself to think about creating...once upon a time I made fairly decent money but let it go due to lack of self esteem.

I have felt the urge to paint again. And make art. I have a HUGE blank canvas I have been hanging onto and want to put something pretty on it. I am having trouble as I have no real idea of WHAT will go onto it...but the urge is coming back. Recently I was commissioned for a fun holiday mural and I have received numerous compliments and encouragement to do this more. I have in my heart the desire to work on a gallery and perhaps even a showing of some work once I gain some inventory...I have not shared this with anyone, keeping it in my mind until now...but I feel like I need to run with this and use my growth as a catalyst for maybe something great.... Spiritually, financially, I don't know...

I don't really know what I am saying here really, but encouragement is welcomed. I am very..shy...about this topic. I need to follow my heart I just lack direction I think. Any others out there resonating with this urge?

This may be a sign I am growing back into myself even further and it is exciting.

Posting something good for once, and all about me. *weird* haha.