View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Originally Posted by GreenSwimmer View Post
Hey guys!

On October 18th I decided enough was enough and admitted myself to inpatient. Last Thursday, at 51 days, I completed my program. I honestly could not be happier or feel healthier! I can say that was the best decision I’ve ever made for myself. It feels SO nice to post here with a little chunk of sober time under my belt!! I learned so much about myself and my addiction. Waking up and not having to reach for the bottle anymore is the most incredible feeling of all time. I’ve begun my outpatient which will be about 3 months and will continue with aftercare at the rehab I was at once a week. 90 meetings in 90 days, still need a sponsor but working on that.

I want to share that, just as it was told to me by many amazing people here at SR, there IS hope and a future that is so bright and clear and exciting... please don’t give up! Fight for yourself! Love yourself even if it’s just enough to get help or put the bottle down. It’s beyond worth it and I know it’ll just keep getting better and better!

Much love, thanks & support to everyone here!!!
What a fantastic post ,GreenSwimmer. It brought a huge smile to my face.

Well done and a huge congratulations on 56 sober days.