View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 12:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gooch

Originally Posted by LinzisAddiction
, i find myself at work often, noticing how "beautiful" my veins look..and i stole some of my mothers needles (shes a diabetic) recently..."just in case" on my way down here (to florida) i met a few dealers on the bus trip...i've misplaced there numbers, but i know they dont live far from here..and i find myself driving in neighborhoods in the area they told me they lived...hoping maybe i'll run into them.
The thrill of the chase.. or as it says in this cool book I have "Our whole life and thinking was centered in drugs in one form or another - the getting and using and finding ways and means to get more"

, I find myself popping insane ammounts of lortabs, and any other small dosage pill i can get my hands on, on a regular basis, and of course drinkin as much beer and liquor as i can along with it. and of course, if that falls through, i do the pathetic and shameful thing of running to the local drugstore, to get my hands on any kind of cough med's with any kind of ANYTHING in it.
"we tried substituting one drug for another"

, I've tried to stay sober..but i cant handle the shakes..and the acheing...and it seems that even the low dosage crap i've been taking helps. In some ways, i've been clean since june...but in others, i havent. I guess, my point is, im aware that pills and alcohol are considered drugs as well..but, does that inquire me to not be in recovery if im doing them? I mean, im not doing the "hardcore" stuff, so im fine...right?
Am I an Addict?