View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in.
Working Friday and Saturday evenings - Just a couple of hours, but enough to mess things up - things like sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and kitty cats and doggie. It's not like I actually DO much on the weekends, but having to work just makes it feel like no weekend at all. I only have to do this a few times a year - but I do pretty much hate it. Ah, well. I gives me "comp time" to use later to take time off without having to use vacation. I'll be taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off - that will be nice. Planning to attack the spare room in the basement that has been a storage space - it's out of control. I call it the "room of doom."

As the weekend approaches - find something new to do - doesn't have to be anything big. Go to a new restaurant. Go for a walk someplace new. Go to a different AA meeting if you're into that. Go to a museum you haven't been to. Teach yourself to crochet. Just anything to shake it up a bit. I find myself feeling stuck sometimes - like life is just one long slog from week to week. But if I do something new or different, it helps to shake that feeling. I'm definitely feeling that way lately - I haven't decided what my "new" thing will be this weekend, but I'll figure something out.