View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ilse

Coincidentally, I'm five days as well. This is the first time I've thought seriously about trying to quit in a year or more. And for pretty much the same reasons - physical symptoms that convinced me I have come to the end of the line, if it isn't already to late. I had probably the worst hangover ever, vomiting for 2 days. Pain in my upper right quadrant (probably a swollen liver) muscle pain in my arms and calves, chest pain, and problems swallowing, which made me worried about eosophgeal varices, or even worse, eosophageal cancer.

I'm not a hypochondriac, I just know what happens to people who drink as long and as much as I have. I don't really want to die, at least not this way.

Starting to feel a little better today. I have been trying to eat very small amounts of fruit and vegetables and protein, took some vitamins. ( I had hardly been eating anything the past month or two) I've been drinking orange juice, milk, and "sleepy time" herbal tea (I think it helps a little with the shakes.) Take 1 gravol at night to sleep.

As you can probably tell, this ain't my first rodeo. I know the drill. It's just never been this bad before.

I still have some of the weird throat symptoms, though, and that concerns me. If it's the same in a week or two, maybe I'll see a doctor.

I'm between jobs, thankfully, or I don't know how I would manage this. Mainly I've been sleeping, reading, and listening to guided meditation tapes. I try to tick three or four chores or tasks off my list every day. Sometimes I find I have to stop and lie down, and then start again, working for 15 minutes at a time.

Well, good luck other person who has five days.