View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
wehav2day

Duff, dang I was hoping to see that all your divorce drama was over... boooo. But at least it’s close. At least you can console yourself with a trip to Israel.

How cool!!

Babe I’m sorry this is so hard. That stepdaughter sounds like a total stinker. I’d say it’s unbelievable, but it’s totally believable... people get really weird when a loved one goes. But she’s not gone, so that’s extra ******.

We got some bad news about my mil. She’s been having a lot of mystery symptoms for a while, and did a lot of testing that came up inconclusive. Well it’s almost certainly the thing we feared, and she’s now only 84 pounds. Mrs wehav made a phone appt with the doc, and he said she’s got 6-12 months at best. We’re really sad. She’s such a lovely person. She took care of my fil for 6 years at home with Alzheimer’s. We hoped she’d have a few good healthy years for herself, after the grief of losing him got easier, you know?

I feel selfish, because I know I need to be strong for j and I am. But inside I’m really sad too. I lost me mom sooooo long ago. Just a year ago, I started calling her “mum.” Because I love her like a mum, and after much soul searching came to the conclusion that my own mom would be ok with it.

Anyway, that’s my stuff right now. And my own dad is getting pretty frail, too...